Booking Terms and Conditions
The following Booking Terms and Conditions, have to the extent possible, been based on the UK interpretation of the European Community Package Travel Directive.
For customers booking with a travel agent your contract is with them. The terms and conditions of your local booking agent and local law and jurisdiction apply. It is the responsibility of the Traveler's / Group Leader's to read and understand these conditions before your / all date of travel.
The following terms and conditions clarify aspects of your contract that may not be covered by the terms and conditions of your local booking agent or that specifically apply to the Phoenix Tours Holidays tours that are featured.
OUR RESPONSIBILITIES TO YOU
1. YOUR HOLIDAY RESERVATION
On receipt of your deposit, subject to availability and at our discretion, Phoenix Tours will reserve your place on your selected holiday. A contract is made between you and Phoenix Tours Limited only upon your booking being confirmed and accepted by us and our communication thereof to either you or your travel agent.
Phoenix Tours are not members of ATOL nor ABTA, as we are specialist coach tour company.
3. PRICE GUARANTEE
No surcharge in respect of costs or currency fluctuations will be made within 30 days of the commencement of the land content of any holiday or once payment of the deposit of your land tour has been received. The price of your travel arrangements can be varied due to changes in transportation costs such as fuel. The price of your travel arrangements can also be varied due to government action such as changes in VAT or any other government imposed changes and currency changes in relation to an exchange rate variation. In the case of any small variation, an amount equivalent to 2% of the price of your travel arrangements, which excludes any amendment charges, will be absorbed or retained. For larger variations this 2% will still be absorbed for increases but not retained from refunds. In either case there will be an administration charge of £1.00 per person together with an amount to cover agents' commission. If this means that you have to pay an increase of more than 10% of the price of your travel arrangements, you may cancel your travel arrangements and receive a full refund of all monies paid, except for any amendment charges. Should you decide to cancel for this reason, you must exercise your right to do so within 14 days from the issue date printed on your final invoice. Whether you cancel or not you will also be entitled, on the terms set out in respect of major changes in clause 4.3 below, to accept an offer of alternative travel arrangements from us if we are able to do so. Please note that travel arrangements are not always purchased in local currency and some apparent changes have no impact on the price of your travel due to contractual and other protection in place.
4. HOLIDAY CHANGE AND/OR CANCELLATION
• 4.1 Phoenix Tours reserves the right to change or cancel your booking in accordance with operating requirements or circumstances beyond its control.
• 4.2 Should change or cancellation prove necessary we will give you reasonable notice thereof, in the circumstances, and where available, offer you a comparable alternative. Where cancellation is necessary, a minimum period of 30 days’ notice will be given by us unless the circumstances leading to the cancellation were beyond our reasonable control.
• 4.3 If an alternative is not available or acceptable you will be entitled to either a full refund of monies paid by you to us or transfer to another Phoenix Tours holiday without payment of any transfer fee.
• 4.4 If the change or cancellation is due to force majeure (i.e. circumstances like political unrest, war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, closure of airports or ports, industrial disputes, terrorist activity, natural and nuclear disasters, fire, epidemic or health risk, Acts of God, adverse weather conditions or other similar events beyond Phoenix Tours' control) we will give a full refund of any monies paid to us less reasonable expenses incurred by us in respect of your booking.
• 4.5 Phoenix Tours is not responsible for the costs of any other travel arrangements affected due to our cancellations or rescheduling of any tour departure.
5. HOLIDAY DETAILS AND CONDITIONS
• 5.1 The information in our brochure is correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of going to print but we cannot guarantee that any item or amenity mentioned will be available especially where we have no direct control over it.
• 5.2 With respect to our touring program Phoenix Tours will do their best, at their discretion, to select accommodation, sightseeing tours and transportation to give you good value for money.
• 5.3 Phoenix Tours constantly strives to improve tour itineraries and features. If such improvements can be made, or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control make changes necessary, we reserve the right to vary itineraries and to substitute hotels. Phoenix Tours is not responsible for any other travel arrangements affected due to our cancellations.
• 6.1 Your travel agent shall, on the receipt of any monies, hold such monies for you until the booking is confirmed at which time those monies shall be remitted promptly by your travel agent to us. All such monies received by us will be deposited as required by law.
• 6.2 We will be entitled to keep for our account any interest earned on such monies.
• 6.3 All monies paid by you to us through your travel agent or otherwise, whether in respect of the deposit or full payment, may be disbursed by us as and when we see fit, in respect of the services to be provided and/or fees payable under your selected holiday. The payment of a deposit or any other monies in respect of your holiday shall be deemed to be an authorisation it for disbursement thereof as aforesaid.
1. BOOKING YOUR HOLIDAY
• 1.1 In order to reserve your holiday, a deposit of 50% of the total cost per person per tour, or the full amount payable if booking is made within 45 days of departure from your home country, must be submitted to Phoenix Tours in respect of that holiday. The deposit is accepted as a first installment of the holiday price by Phoenix Tours only once the booking has been confirmed in writing by Phoenix Tours.
• 1.2 Your reservation will be confirmed on receipt of a non refundable deposit of 50% of the total cost of the tour per person, per tour which must be within 7 days of booking or the reservation will automatically be cancelled.
• 1.3 Any special meal requirements will be made on a request basis only. Phoenix Tours cannot guarantee special meal requests nor will it assume any responsibility or liability if clients’ special meal requirements are not fulfilled.
2. PAYING THE BALANCE
• 2.1 The balance of the holiday must be paid by no later than 45 days before the scheduled departure date, which shall be by the due date stated on the confirmation issued to you by Phoenix Tours. When making multi-tour bookings, full payment is due no later than 45 days before scheduled departure date of the first departing tour.
• 2.2 If payment is not made by the due date, Phoenix Tours may assume that you have cancelled and cancellation charges in accordance with clause 3 below will be levied by Phoenix Tours.
• 2.3 Tickets and other documents will not be forwarded until full payment has been received by us.
• 2.4 In the case of Late Bookings made within 45 days of your departure from tour departure, the full cost of the holiday will be payable immediately on booking and we reserve the right to provide all travel documents at the holiday departure point.
• 2.5 Phoenix Tours reserves the right to cancel the booking and apply cancellation charges should payments not be received within the above specified periods.
3. IF YOU CANCEL
• 3.1 Notice of cancellation in advance of the tour must be made in writing only to Phoenix Tours. Telephone cancellations will not be accepted unless received in writing also as soon as possible.
• 3.2 Your deposit is non-refundable upon cancellation by you.
• 3.3 Upon cancellation you will be liable to pay a fee to cover the estimate of cost and expenses incurred by us in the terms of the schedule set out hereunder. This is expressed as a percentage of the holiday price and is calculated as follows:
Notice Given Cancellation Fee Applicable
30 days or more 100% of deposit
29 - 15 days 50% of total holiday fare
14 - 8 days 75% of total holiday fare
7 days or less 100% of total holiday fare
• Where the percentage cancellation fee is less than the tour deposit, the cancellation fee will equal loss of deposit. If the reason for cancellation falls within the terms of any holiday insurance policy which you hold, then any such charges may, subject to the terms of your insurance policy, be refunded to you by the insurance company.
• 3.4 Any cancellation of additional services booked prior to and after your tour or resort booking, such as pre and post accommodation and transfers, that are cancelled within 14 days of the tour departure incur a 100% cancellation fee.
• 3.5 These cancellation fees are in addition to any cancellation fees that may be levied by your Travel Agent.
4. IF YOU CHANGE YOUR BOOKING
• 4.1 If after your booking has been confirmed, you wish to change to alternate departure date or you wish to change to a different Phoenix Tours holiday, you may do so subject to availability and providing the new holiday date is also in this brochure.
• 4.2 A fee of £15 per person will be charged for any revision or alteration made to a reservation after the booking is confirmed unless the change increases the value of the booking. A change of tour date, tour itinerary within 30 days of departure will be treated as a cancellation, and normal cancellation fees will apply (as detailed in section 3) except when the change is to an earlier departure date of equivalent or greater value, in which case a £15 per person amendment fee will be charged.
• 4.3 A name change to a different person will be treated as a cancellation.
5. HOLIDAY DETAILS AND CONDITIONS
• 5.1 Please read the brochure carefully for those items included in the price. No allowance or refund can be made for meals, accommodation, excursions, etc. that you elect not to take, or when museums, shops, etc. are closed. Hotel facilities may vary from place to place. Meals may vary in style and range.
• 5.2 Phoenix Tours' holidays are specifically planned for active individuals of any age. Consequently the facilities and activities on a Phoenix Tours holiday might not be considered appropriate to persons who do not consider themselves actively mobile.
• 5.3 Phoenix Tours must be advised of any medical conditions or physical disability requiring special attention before you book your holiday. If you do not advise us at this stage, we may refuse to accept your booking. We may also refuse you if we feel that the holiday chosen is not suitable without a suitably qualified companion. Phoenix Tours will try to help you with your requirements but cannot guarantee to do so, either on our own or our suppliers' (such as hotels, restaurants and excursions) behalf. Many of our holidays involve getting on and off coaches, walking tours and other physical activities. Some holidays may not be suitable for you if you rely on a wheelchair or have certain other disabilities. The Company does not provide personal devices (such as wheelchairs, hearing aids or prescription eye glasses) or services of a personal nature (such as pushing a wheelchair or assistance in eating, toileting or dressing). Should your disability require you to have special assistance, it is a condition of Phoenix Tours accepting your booking that you provide evidence satisfactory to us that an able-bodied person will accompany you and is able to provide any special needs or services that you may require. Phoenix Tours will not be responsible for the failure of this person to provide these services . The Company does not employ medical personnel. Any necessary medical attention will be provided by a local facility at the passenger's expense. The Company is not responsible or liable for any losses or costs incurred as a result of medical services obtained while on tour, or for the quality of the care or services received.
• 5.4 You are responsible for all travel arrangements and costs to/from the point of commencement/conclusion of the holiday.
• 5.5.1 There may be times when the Phoenix Tours Representative has to make a decision in your best interests or the best interests of their group. You agree to comply with the authority and decisions of the appointed Phoenix Tours Representative and the laws of the country in which you are travelling. If you do not so comply or if, in the Phoenix Tours Representative's opinion, you are not compatible with the general enjoyment and well being of other members on the holiday or smooth operation of the holiday itself, we reserve the right to refuse to let you continue with the holiday. We do not tolerate the consumption of alcohol, nor possession or carriage of illegal or restricted substances (drugs). Furthermore, you agree that your fellow travellers and any Phoenix Tours Representative have the right to travel/work in a safe environment. Any threats to their safety, wellbeing or inappropriate behaviour by you, whether verbal or physical, will be taken extremely seriously and may result in the immediate termination of your holiday. In such event, you will be responsible for your own repatriation and related costs and have no claims against us.
• 5.5.2 You are responsible for any costs incurred as a result of damage or excess cleaning fees related to your accommodation. You are advised to immediately report any pre-existing damage in your room to hotel/Phoenix Tours staff and/or a Phoenix Tours tour leader as soon as it is discovered.
• 5.5.3 The Company may, in its sole discretion, decline the booking of any passenger or remove any passenger who cannot comply or refuses to comply with the Company's terms and conditions. The Company is not responsible for any costs incurred in the event a passenger is removed from a tour. Passengers agree not to hold the Company or any of its related entities liable for any actions taken under these terms and conditions.
• 5.6 Where the passenger occupies a motor coach seat fitted with a safety belt, neither the operator or service providers, agents or co-operating organizations shall be liable for any illness, injury or death or any loss or damages or claims whatsoever arising from any accident or incident, if the safety belt is not being worn at the time of the accident or incident.
• 5.7 It is your responsibility to have a valid passport and all visas, permits and certificates required for your selected holiday as well as any necessary vaccinations and to comply with all applicable laws.
• 5.8 You agree that our Phoenix Tours Representatives may take photographs and films of you while you are on holiday and that these may be used in our Group brochures, websites and/or advertising or publicity material without obtaining any further consent or payment in respect of such photographs and/or films.
• 5.9 Should you have a complaint in respect of the holiday, you should inform the Phoenix Tours Representative during the course of the holiday and if the matter cannot be resolved after the representative's best endeavours to do so during the holiday, your complaint should be made in writing to Phoenix Tours as soon as is reasonably possible after the holiday but within 28 days thereof so that your complaint can be investigated. Any claims made after the 28 day period will not be considered by Phoenix Tours. If you choose to write to Phoenix Tours via the Internet, please provide your home address so that we are able to reply to you in writing.
• 5.10.1 The contract and all matters arising in respect hereof shall be subject to English Law, unless we agree otherwise in writing.
• 5.10.2 If any provision of this contract is held invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, that provision shall be deemed to be re-written to give effect to the same purpose within the permitted limits of the law. The validity and enforceability of the other provisions shall not be affected.
• 5.10.3 If you are unsuccessful in any legal action instituted against us, you agree to pay all our costs, including but not limited to, attorney/client costs.
Phoenix Tours very strongly recommend that you take out comprehensive insurance cover for cancellation, medical expenses, personal accident, personal baggage, money and public liability before joining a Phoenix Tours holiday. This should be arranged at the time of payment of the deposit and may, depending on your policy, in certain circumstances, cover you against loss of deposit or cancellation fees from the date of confirmation of your booking, as shown in the insurance policy. You also agree to indemnify us against all third-party claims, actions, damages and remedies, which may be brought against us in respect of your participation in the holiday.
7. ILLNESS OR ABSENTEEISM
In the event of your withdrawal from a holiday after the commencement as a result of illness, you must obtain a medical certificate in support of any insurance claim. Unfortunately, no refunds can be made for absences from a tour, including but not limited to missed meals or sightseeing. Again, we strongly suggest you take out adequate insurance to cover this eventuality.
8. WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE HOLIDAY PRICE
Passport and visa fees, insurance, customs duties, laundry, telephone calls, beverages, meals not specifically detailed as included and paid for in the itinerary, tips to tour managers, representatives, drivers and local guides, items of a personal nature, excess baggage, optional excursions.
9. WEATHER CONDITIONS
Under no circumstances can we be held responsible for snow or adverse weather conditions, nor can any holiday be cancelled or amended by you at any time on the basis of snow or weather conditions. By adverse weather conditions, we mean conditions which make it unsuitable in the driver’s opinion for the vehicle to make normal, safe progress. Adverse weather conditions also applies to the opinion and action of ferry operators for sea crossings, which is beyond Phoenix Tours’ control.
10. LUGGAGE RESTRICTIONS
Under no circumstances can Phoenix Tours or the drivers, be held responsible for any luggage on the vehicle.
Please not it is not the drivers responsibility to load or unload luggage in to the lockers, it is the responability of the driver to open the lockers only.
To insure hassle free boarding please ensure that all luggage items are compliant with the UK (domestic) luggage policy please see our details below.
PIECE OF SOFT HAND LUGGAGE - 45cm x 35cm x 20cm
( Please note hard-shelled or wheeled hand luggage will need to be placed in the hold for safety reasons.
2 x Medium cases - 70cm x 45cm x 30cm eash with max weight 20kg each
1 x Lage cases - 75cm x 50cm x 32cm with max weight 25kg each
you are entitled to two items of luggage to be stowed in the hold. The overall dimensions must not exceed 200cm in total. The combined weight of both items must not be more than 20kg.
You are also entitled to two items of hand luggage.
Fully collapsible wheelchairs and fully collapsible pushchairs should be stowed in the hold and do not count towards the ‘hold’ allowance as above.
You may take one medium-sized suitcase or rucksack and one small piece of soft hand luggage per person travelling.
Your one piece of luggage must not exceed 20kg, with maximum dimensions of 70cm x 30cm x 45cm. Items of luggage in excess of 20kgwill be charged.
For the safety of all customers travelling on vehicle, there are some items not allowed on-board our coaches:
• Any weapons or explosives
• Drugs (other than medicines) or solvents
• Non-folding pushchairs/prams
• Bicycles which aren't folded, dismantled or wrapped
• Any pets, other than assistance dogs
• Any items which we deem unsafe or are not properly sealed / secured or perishable items
Please remember to take all your personal belongings with you at any point when leaving the vehicle, (This includes any stop the vehicle makes) the company accepts no reasonability for any items that are left on the vehicle.
Any lost property found by the drivers will be held be held by the company for customer collection only where we will require ID for the customer to be able to collect the item, upon collection we will require a brief description of the item.
Lost property will be held by Phoenix Tours for 30 days and then disposed of, food and any open drink items will be disposed of immediately.
All lost property claims must be made by the main person that made the coach/tour booking, of the trip and we will require these to be made by email, when emailing the office we will require the following information within 24 hours after your journey was completed.
1. Date item was lost
2. Time the item was lost
3. A description of the item
4. Journey Details
Upon receiving the email Phoenix Tours office will contact you within 3 Working days.